The Good Life Center at Silliman College
The GLC exists to spread good vibes and provide a refuge from the daily grind. Our space is located outside the stress of academia, and inside the other exhilarating parts of humanhood. It’s a place to be quiet, meditate, play, create art, or do nothing at all.
The GLC cultivates wellness by:
- Prioritizing students’ physical and mental health in all its operations
- Offering a space for wellness-related student meet-ups, student-run wellness study breaks and peer-to-peer support
- Putting into practice scientific insights about happiness
- Providing free well-being programming, including physical and mental health education
- Teaching and coaching healthy habits, coping mechanisms, resilience training, mindfulness-based stress reduction and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Working with a student advisory board to support the evolution of our spaces and programming
Learn more at www.yaleglc.com or by visiting the 4th Floor of Byers Hall in Silliman College.
Student Wellness at Yale Health
Student Wellness at Yale Health centralizes online resources to promote student wellness in various ways. Individual appointments can also be made to discuss specific strategies to address challenges related to any of their support.
Get help with any of the following:
- Manage stress through breathing and meditation guides, stress-relief audio files, and additional tips.
- Practice safer sex by learning about sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and testing, knowing where to go for safer sex supplies, and reading on other tips.
- Prioritizing sleep (for once) by learning about sleep habits and getting tips on how to nap.
Schedule an appointment at 55 Lock Street, 1st Floor or make a call at (203) 436-5484.
Mental Health & Counseling Services
Yale Health provides Yale students enrolled in at least half time with free Mental Health & Counseling (MHC) – regardless of whether they waived Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care coverage. Their services include a free, anonymous, and confidential online screening, an initial evaluation through appointment, and individualized short-term therapy to address specific challenges. The MHC team consists of psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and clinical social workers
On-call clinicians are available during daytime hours (M – F, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM) through the phone number below or through Acute Care during after hours at (203) 432-0123.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Phone: (203) 432-0290
Walden Peer Counseling
The Walden Peer Counseling service provides an anonymous and confidential hotline and walk-in peer counseling for Yale undergraduates, by Yale undergraduates. Peer counselors are available to talk about anything on your mind. The hotline and walk-in counseling are available every night during the academic year when classes are in session. Questions can be addressed through the hotline number or emailed at email@example.com.
Walk-In Peer Counseling
Welch Basement, Old Campus
Entryway B, Room A-05
8:00 PM – 1:00 AM
Hotline: (203) 432-TALK (8255), 8:00 PM - 8:00 AM